UCalgary Continuing Education is seeking experts interested in leading travel study programs for adult learners to international destinations in 2019 and beyond.
University academics have been sharing their knowledge with lifelong learners since Continuing Education’s first travel study in the late ‘70s — an archaeological field trip to Greece and Egypt. Since then, groups have travelled to more than 100 destinations world-wide.
“Having knowledgeable people who can spend time in a classroom with our travellers, then accompany them on their journey, really sets our programs apart for travellers,” says Heather Richards, Continuing Education’s new Travel Study Program manager. “We’re always looking for resource people within the university to share their specialized knowledge with eager travellers.”
The resource person teaches an orientation course prior to leaving Calgary to acquaint students with their destination and learning theme, then continues to share their knowledge while they travel. All of the details and travel arrangements are handled by Continuing Education.
Anyone interested in proposing a travel study for 2019 should contact Richards as soon as possible. “We like to have a year to pull everything together and to promote it properly,” she says.
While Richards is in search of future travel opportunities, she is also receiving registrations for several trips already scheduled for 2018, and early 2019.
This year’s trips — which still have room for registrations and are open to everyone — include:
- India and optional extension to Sri Lanka Jan. 15-Feb. 5, with Valery Efimenko
- Southeast Asia: Cambodia and Myanmar, Feb. 16-March 10, with Peter Slezak
- Discover Cuba, Feb. 17-24, with John Reid
- Best of Baja Mexico, March 3-17, with Dr. Wayne Lynch
- A Culinary Tour of Maui, March 29-April 8, with chef Pierre Lamielle
- Lyon and Strasbourg, April 14-27, with John Gilchrist
- Roots of the Blues Tour, April 26-May 7, with John Reid
- Urban and Scenic China Adventure Tour, May 5-25, with David Wright
- Namibia: Deserts and Wildlife, Aug. 15-Sept. 1, with Dr. Wayne Lynch
- The Samurai Trail, Sept. 1-16, with Norman Leach
- The Country of the Firebird: Architectural, Artistic and Religious Traditions of Russia, Sept. 28-Oct. 14, with Valery Efimenko
- Tanzania and the Serengeti Plains, Feb. 25-March 13, 2019, with Dr. Wayne Lynch
Registrations are being accepted for these 2018 Travel Study programs now.
UCalgary academics interested in proposing a travel study program for 2019 or 2020, please call 403-220-4632 or email [email protected].
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: Travel – Google News