Brits in their millions are taking to the web in search of the best travel deals and inspiration for their 2018 escape.
And there are plenty of destinations to visit in 2018 whether you’re looking for a classic holiday to Spain, France, Italy and Greece, or thinking of trying a new hotspot like Croatia or South America, where tourism is steadily increasing.
If you’re after a getaway on a budget, read on for our handy guide on where to visit this year, the cheap holiday deals to watch, including staycation breaks and cruises.
What’s in the guide?
- Last minute holiday deals across short-haul and long-haul breaks
- How to find a cheap city break
- Sunshine breaks
- The flight deals to look out for in 2018
- Cheap hotels
- Camping holidays
- Family holidays
- How to book all-inclusive holidays
- Cruise deals
Travel Deals 2018
Last minute holiday deals
- Malta from £267pp: Mercury Holidays currently offers a week’s stay at the 4-star Soreda Hotel on an all-inclusive basis, with prices including flights, hotels and transfers. Book here.
- Rome from £139pp: Travelzoo has deals with savings of 49% on this 3-night getaway at the Mercure Roma Corso Trieste, including flights, daily breakfast and late checkout until 1pm. Depart from London (Gatwick, Luton or Stansted) or Manchester on select dates 6 November, 2017-13 March, 2018. Book here.
- Cyprus from £310pp: Mercury Holidays has an offer on a week’s stay at the 5-star King Evelthon Beach Hotel and Resort on an all-inclusive basis, with prices including flights, hotels and transfers. Book here.
- Wales from £99pp: Fishguard Bay Hotel has commanding views of the Pembrokeshire coast and the seaside town of Fishguard – the site of the last invasion of Britain. Travelzoo currently has a 2-night offer with daily breakfast and one 3-course dinner for £99, a saving of 60% on the usual price. Click here to book.
- Paris from £99pp: Lastminute.com is currently offering one night at the 3-star ibis Paris Ornano Montmartre Nord 18eme, with a return train journey from London St Pancras included. Click here to book.
- Dubai from £606pp: Teletext Holidays has seven nights at the 4-star Ramada Jumeirah Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis, based on a London Heathrow departure on 9th January 2018. Click here to book.
- Dominican Republic from £895pp: Teletext Holidays has seven nights at the 4-star Hotel Ifa Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa on an all-inclusive basis, based on a London Heathrow departure on 16th January. Click here to book.
- Sri Lanka from £799pp: Mercury Holidays is offering up to 10 nights at the 5-star Turyaa Kalutara resort on an all-inclusive basis – and prices include your flights and transfers too. Book here.
- Barbados from £679pp: Mercury Holidays is currently offering up to two weeks on all-inclusive basis across a host of hotels – and prices include your flights and transfers too. Book here.
- Thailand from £699pp: Perched upon the white sands of Bang Thong Beach, this sprawling resort is surrounded by coconut groves and gazes across the Andaman Sea. Depart from London Gatwick on selected dates in 2018 with Emirates Holidays for a 10-night stay in a Sands Room with breakfast included. Book here.
Holiday booking secrets
Find a cheap city break
If you’re on a busy schedule and after a cheap city break escape for a change of scenery, we’ve rounded up the 10 best European destinations for a long weekend to inspire you.
Can’t decide where you want to go? Get a dose of travel inspiration on our city breaks page where we have everything from destination guides to late deals and offers.
Meanwhile, for those after a budget getaway, here are the 10 best value cities in Europe for a weekend away.
Thinking of going long-haul for a family break? Here are the best long-haul city breaks for the family, including activities to do with the kids when you’re there.
Oh, and just for fun we’ve also rounded up the best European cities for cheap beer…
Camping and staycation holidays
If English weather isn’t quite giving you the happiness you need, a quick dip somewhere sizzling may be on the radar. To help you on your bargain holiday hunt, here are the best deals right now – and 8 hacks to find the best deal (and get a free flight upgrade).
But where to go? The south of Spain, Mauritius and Orlando are popular hotspots for some winter sun , all of which guarantee clear skies, scorching daytime temperatures and that just-right sunny breeze in the evenings.
We’ve also got a Sunshine Holidays page for an extra burst of wanderlust-inducing travel inspiration – and if you’re still looking to book a last-minute summer getaway, check out these great deals on holiday cottages, luxury villas and all-inclusive resorts for travel during the school holiday dates.
The flight deals to look out for in 2018
Whether you’re looking for cheap flights or a full package deal, there are plenty of brilliant offers on throughout the deal – such as discount code offers from easyJet , sale discounts from British Airways,, and huge savings from Emirates, Thomas Cook and TUI ready to be snapped up.
You can keep up with all the latest deals and offers on our Cheap Flights page from flash sales to ongoing deals for the whole family.
The popularity of staycations has skyrocketed in recent years, with many families heading to the British seaside or Butlins-style resorts for some fun in the sun that won’t leave you breaking the bank.
To help you find a bargain, we’ve broken down the best Butlins voucher codes and deals, as well as offers and discounts on Travelodge hotels across the country.
You can also check out our British Breaks page for more staycation inspiration. We’ve got a host of seaside and city breaks with guides on everything from what to do from where to stay.
Whether it be a stay in the UK, Europe or abroad, hotels can cost an absolute fortune – especially if you opt for a meals-included package.
Check out our dedicated Cheap Hotels page for all the latest sales and offers – and for a budget-friendly staycation, you may also want to have a browse on our Travelodge deals page which includes tips on finding the best deals for you.
We’ve also rounded up the best cheap hotels in a host of cities worldwide, including the UK: check out some of the best value options below by clicking on your chosen city.
Feeling tempted to book a stay in the capital?
Check out the best cheap days out in London – including how to bag cheap tickets to West End shows – as well as the city’s best free museums. For something a bit extra special, we’ve searched out the 10 awesome things you never knew you could do in the city.
Europe City Guides
If you want to take the family on a European camping holiday, you can get deals from £10 per person per night – and most holiday homes can sleep up to 8.
Here’s our Top 10 guide to the best European campsites , from West Brittany, to southern France and Spain.
We’ve also teamed up with the travel gurus to create the ultimate guide to holidaying in France, across its prettiest regions from Provence to Normandy.
If a staycation is on the cards, then the UK’s best family-friendly campsites may be of interest.
For camping deals all year round, and reviews of all the major campsites in the UK and Europe, see our camping holidays page.
Family breaks can cost the fortune. If you’re on a spending limit, consider a European destination as easyJet and British Airways often host great last minute package deals to Europe – including throughout the summer.
We’ve also got Disneyland covered – see our Disneyland Paris deals for any recent deals they’re offering.
How to book all inclusive holidays
All-inclusive holidays are now more popular than ever. They offer a round price per person, including accommodation and food, and, if done well, can save you a fortune on alcohol prices and dining out.
They’re also a wise choice if you’re on a tight budget – as they can help you stick to it – by saving you pounds on the little extras.
We’ve broken down the best all-inclusive holiday deals this week in our guide, along with the four booking tips to remember when hunting for the best prices.
If you’re not one of the 1.64 million British holidaymakers who went on a cruise last year, isn’t it high time you walked up the gangway?
With accommodation, food and entertainment included, it can be one of the best-value holidays you’ll find.
To find the best late deals and packages, check out our cruise deals page.
Oh, and if you’ve never been on a cruise holiday before then we’ve got 25 top tips for cruise newbies, with advice on everything from choosing the right ship to what you need to pack.
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: Travel – Google News