Green Media Partners is looking for an Python Software developer to join our growing team in Colombo who is passionate about solving problems for people, and wants to ship performant and beautiful mobile apps that work well wherever they may be. If most or all of the following items has you thinking, “that’s me,” then we would love to hear from you!
PYTHON SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Meet with team leader to determine the scope of a project
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Python application development
- Strong understanding of Object-oriented programming concepts
- Strong understanding of web crawlers and data scraping
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- 5+ Experience and knowledge of NumPy, Pandas, Tweepy, SciPy
- SymPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Beautifulsoup, Scikit-learn,PyBrain,Shogun,NLTK and TextBlob
- Proficiency with REST based APIs and Web Services
- Strong experience with XML , JSON, HTML and CSS
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementing high reliability stable systems
- Development of user-facing web elements
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data NoSQL database solution
- Development custom web crawlers web for data scraping
- Work closely with front-end / development team to deliver the best user experience
- Address evolving user requirements, process flows, performance and scalability
- Write efficient and maintainable code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Solid Computer Science or equivalent experience (5+ years)
- Proven working experience in Python software development
- Natural language generation
- Deep neural network models for NLP
- Discourse processing and summarization
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments, in depth knowledge of service development with solid experience in code optimization and low-latency computing.
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience – web + services – If you’ve built something in your spare time send us the link, we’d love to hear about it.
- Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
- Great communication skills – ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Knowledge in Scripting (JS, JSON, Ant)
- Proficiency with OOPS concepts
- Knowledge in Web Services
- Experience in Solid understanding of repository management
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- You come first
- BEAUTIFUL and truly collaborative office environment
- Challenging projects
- Tremendous growth
- Great benefits
What’s In It for You?
- Great Compensation
- Paid Vacations
- Bonus Potential
- Casual Dress Code
- Relaxed Environment
So, if you are an experienced Python Software Engineer, please apply today!
**Please include Resume and Python Software Engineer!
** All the resumes must be in PDF format
Contact Base office – 0114 546196 /077 6397193
Green Media Partners (Pvt) Ltd.
Email – email@example.com